Emmett Till Elementary Family would like to welcome you to the 2012-2013 school year. We look forward to working with you so that your child has a successful and memorable school year. Our clerk Mrs. Jackson is here to help you from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. She may be reached at 773-535-0570. Our students attend school from 8:15 AM - 3:15 PM. Thank you for your cooperation.
Proof of Residency
Minimum of 2 items required
One item MUST be a Utility Bill
- Utility Bill of the current month (gas, electric, water, land line phone)
- Mortgage Closing Papers
- Mortgage Statement
- Tax Bill or Assessment
Any one additional item required from Column A or B (new families)
- State of Illinois Vehicle Registration
- Home Owner’s Insurance Policy
- Renter’s Insurance Policy
- Medicaid Medical Card
- Department of Children and Family Services Voucher (DCFS)
- Village or county occupancy permit
- Social Security Papers
Kindergarten Enrollment Eligibility:
All children residing in the City of Chicago who are 5 years old on or before September 1 of the current school year, are eligible for enrollment into a CPS Kindergarten program.
The parent, legal guardian, or temporary custodian of any elementary age child enrolling in a Chicago public school is required to submit proof of age and required medical records to the school.
Proof of age
Includes, but is not limited to, any ONE of the documents listed below:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s baptismal record
- Court documents
- Medical records
Children are encouraged to submit their required immunizations and physicals prior to the start of the school year and no later than October 15 of the current school or they will face expulsion from school.
Physical examination requirements
All students must have a physical examination within one year of:
- entering schools in the State of Illinois for the first time, at any grade level
- entering kindergarten or 1st grade, 6th grade, and 9th grade (ages 5, 10, 15 for ungraded programs)
- entering preschool, up to age 6 (physical exam and lead screenings)
- Diptheria, Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Tetanus (DTP/Td)
- Inactivated Polio
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Haemophillus Influenza, Type B (HIB)
All students in Kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th grade must have a dental exam completed by a licensed dentist prior to May 15th of the current school year.
* If a child is living under a temporary situation, the registration procedure is modified according to state law.